If you keep up with our Imagine More Podcast, you might have seen YourPie founder and Imagine Media partner Drew French's episode! If not, you can watch it here.
Drew has a true knack for the concept of "fast, casual pizza", and was the first to implement this idea into a wildly successful franchise start-up. YourPie now has 54 locations with another 20 to open soon, and was named the #66 franchise to watch in Entrepreneur Magazine. But Drew way more than just a successful business owner; he is a father, a pizza connoisseur, a basketball lover, and much more! So here are some "behind the scenes" interesting facts about YourPie's Drew French:
1. He holds a spot on the prestigious Groupon U.S Pizza Team. After creating the winning pie at the 2015 Pizzaiolo Ultisimo for the Southeast (a tasty combination of Georgia peaches, prosciutto, and a honey-balsamic glaze) he earned himself the opportunity to compete in the 2016 World Pizza Championship in Parma, Italy.
2. He is a father of two amazing daughters, Scarlett and Anna, husband to high-school sweetheart Natalie, and owner of 3 dogs.
3. He has a passion for travel and community. On a typical Saturday, you can find Drew at a UGA football game, or planning his next vacation abroad for him and Natalie.
4. His go-to pizza at Your Pie is anything with a “spicy and sweet” combination of flavors like BBQ with hot sauce or even the traditional margherita. He says you can never have too much pizza!
5. Above all however, no matter how successful, Drew cares the most about the impact he is making within the communities his stores are located. He believes that there is no better feeling than providing jobs for a community, seeing the smiles as people enjoy Your Pie’s pizza, and seeing the positive impact his restaurant has on a town. At the end of the day, that matters more to him than receiving awards and advancing in the ladder of material success.
Hope you learned a little more about YourPie's Drew French! In case you missed it, here is his Imagine More podcast episode!
Story By: Krista Smith