Everyone has that one dream they always wish they had the courage to pursue. We're here to tell you that you that it's within your reach! Below, we've listed 6 compelling reasons to become an entrepreneur and chase after your dreams:
1. You're No Longer Bound to the Constraints of a 9 to 5. | Study after study shows that the 9 to 5 lifestyle isn't working for most millennials. Personally, I know brilliant people who THRIVE in the morning, but crash as soon as 1 PM rolls around. Likewise, I know plenty of night owls that come up with their most genius ideas at 3 AM. Don't get me wrong - becoming an entrepreneur requires an extreme amount of work & perseverance, but the nice thing is that you can break up your working time as you wish. So go ahead - sleep in until 1 PM and then work through the night. When you're an entrepreneur, you can do whatever works for YOU and your business.
2. You're Full of Unconventional, Creative Ideas | As Entrepreneur Magazine wrote, "Entrepreneurship takes imagination and perhaps even a dash of insanity." While this imagination-insanity combo may not work in a stuffy corporate office, when you're an entrepreneur, you're pretty much required to take leaps of faith, think outside of the box, and believe in the potential of your ideas and projects. You'll have the ability to follow your gut and pursue your ideas, wherever they may take you.
3. Your Earning Possibilities Will Become Unlimited | At your job, you're given a set salary, contract, and/or benefits. When you run your own business, your earning possibilities become limitless. You'll be motivated to build a business that's profitable, and in the end, it'll literally pay off (no pun intended.)
4. You Control Your Own Workflow | Similar to #1, all projects, research, and undertakings are completely controlled by you. You'll create all deadlines, check-in points, and project schedules. And while some people may find this amount of freedom daunting, if you're truly committed to your vision and passion, you'll only thrive with the added flexibility.
5. You Control Who Is A Part of Your Team and Brand | Gone are the days of workplace drama and awkward group projects. As an entrepreneur, you can put together a team of like-minded people who are equally committed to the business' brand, growth, and success.
6. You're Ready to Change the World | 'Nuff said.
So there you have it. Did this list convince you that being an entrepreneur is worth it? What are your hesitations? What are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments below!
Story by: Isabelle Edwards